Storm Group Inc. (“Storm”, “we”, ”us”, and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your information.
Per EU data protection laws (“Data Protection Law”), Storm is a data controller (i.e., a company responsible for, and controlling the processing of your personal data).
0. WE DO NOT ALLOW MINORS TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR SERVICES.
A. Our Services are not directed towards young children or minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our Services.
B. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from individuals under 18.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child has submitted personally identifiable information, Storm will make reasonable efforts to delete the information from its database at your request. To request the deletion of your child’s information, please send an email to [email protected].
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Personal Information” which is information that directly relates to an identifiable or identified person. This includes data such as names and email addresses. We also collect “Aggregate Information” which is information that cannot personally identify you. This includes data such as Site traffic data.
A. Personal information you voluntarily provide, such as:
1. While using our Sites or Services you may provide certain Personal Information to Storm that pertains to your use of the Sites or Services. Such Personal Information could include email address, phone number, name, SSN, bank information and government identification numbers. For the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) this section provides the disclosure of categories of Personal Information we collect regarding the same.
2. Your email address and password to are used to create an account and use the Services. Your email address may also be used for marketing and promotional emails as allowed by applicable law.
3. Username, as provided by you, to allow you to use the Services. Your username, name, password and email address are collectively referred to as your “Account Information”.
4. Date of birth to verify that you are over the age of 18.
5. Mailing address to allow physical prize fulfillment and compliance with local laws, should they apply.
6. Phone number to allow us to contact you, allow for the use of the Services, and to prevent fraud.
7. Your browser and device’s unique device ID and fingerprints to prevent fraud.
8. Any Personal Information you choose to add to your profile, such as an image or biography. This Personal Information is used to enhance your use of the Services.
9. You may provide credit card information or a username that pertains to payment services to use certain features of the Services. Storm will use third-party credit card processing companies to process your transactions.
10. Personal Information, such as first name, last name, shipping address, phone number, and Social Security number, to verify your identity when you withdraw cash from your account and by us and certain third-party service providers to monitor for fraudulent activity and verify that you can legally participate in cash tournaments and withdraw funds.
11. Personal Information you may choose to submit to us through surveys, sending questions or comments, providing a resume, or other similar activities. This information may be used to enhance the Services, to market to you or others, and to allow us to make appropriate hiring decisions if submitted for that purpose.
B. Personal information that we passively collect:
1. We may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, IP address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. When these elements meet the definition of Personal Information, we treat them as such.
3. With your consent, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location to determine the jurisdiction you are located within to establish which aspects of the Services you are permitted to use. You may withdraw your consent to our collection of your location information at any time if you are not participating in cash competitions. If you are participating in a cash competition, you may not opt out of the collection of this type of geolocation data.
4. The cache is a component of your device that stores data for recordkeeping purposes. Cache data identifies your device. Most browsers and applications accept such data. If you prefer, you can configure your device so that it does not store this information while utilizing our Sites and Services. Certain features may only be available through the collection of such data. We use such data to assist in data collection and to track usage and trends to help us better serve you. We also permit third parties who have entered into confidentiality agreements to access such data to help us monitor for fraud and other illegal activity.
C. Aggregate information we collect
1. Aggregate Information does not uniquely identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Sites or interact with our Services independent of any information you voluntarily enter. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
2. When you visit our Sites or use our Services some information is automatically collected. Such information may include your device’s operating system, the site from which you were linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser type and language, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. Aggregate information we collect while you use our Services could include the date and time of your visit, the phone network associated with your device, your device’s operating system or platform, the type of device you use, and the features of our Services which you accessed. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser currently.
2. Sharing of your personal information
A. We may transfer your Personal Information to third parties, including third party service providers, for the purpose of providing the Services or maintaining security. Third party service providers will not be authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
B. Certain Personal Information is automatically transmitted to third party service providers for the purpose of payment processing. These transmissions are automatic, and we do not have access to such information internally.
C. Sometimes, we may transfer your Personal Information to third parties under special circumstances such as:
1. to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served to us;
2. to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft;
3. in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Storm;
4. when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Storm or other persons; or
5. as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of Storm.
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA IN THE EU
A. In the EU, the purposes for which we process your personal data are:
1. Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you for the Services;
2. Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in the EU.
B. Please contact [email protected] if you need details about the specific legal basis on which we are relying to process your personal data where more than one legal basis has been set out.
4. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND RIGHTS IN THE EU AND SWITZERLAND
A. If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights related to your personal data that we hold:
1. Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
2. Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
4. Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
5. Right to portability. The right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another.
6. Right to object. You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
5. ACCOUNT SECURITY
A. The security of your account relies on you to protect your password and devices. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account details and devices. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password with anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on our Sites.
B. Storm will NEVER ask you for your password. If you receive an email that appears to be from us asking for your password, report it to [email protected] immediately.
6. DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER
B. For those based in the EU or Switzerland, we store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the data, except if otherwise required by law.
7. POSTS ON PUBLIC FORUMS
A. Postings in forums hosted by Storm are generally available to, and freely accessible by, other users and the general public. You should not post any private information on public forums. All such posts on our Sites will be in conjunction with your username. Storm is not responsible for events caused by your distribution of information through public forums. Information or materials uploaded by you while utilizing the Services is subject to our Terms of Service.
A. We may contact you with relevant information about our Sites and Services. Typically, we will contact you by email. For some messages, we may use your Personal Information to help us determine the relevant information to share with you. If you do not wish to receive such messages, you will be able to unsubscribe by following the directions attached to the email or within your account settings.
9. MAINTAINING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
A. You are responsible for keeping your account information up to date with current and complete information. Certain portions of your account information may be editable within your account settings.
B. Once you update your information we will make reasonable efforts to ensure the Personal Information stored by us to operate the Sites and Services will be updated or corrected as appropriate. We reserve the right to maintain archives of information that has been removed or changed, subject to any applicable laws. We may use this information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service. In addition, it may not be technologically possible to remove every record of the information you have previously provided us, as a copy may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
10. GOVERNING LAW; NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
11. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
A. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such a third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to [email protected] In your request, please specify that you want a “1798.83 California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
B. California Consumer Privacy Act Rights. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding their Personal Information. If you would like to exercise these rights on or after January 1, 2020, please contact us using the email address, toll-free phone number, or physical mailing address listed within the “Contact Information” section below. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information, as provided for by the CCPA. It may take us some time to respond to your request, but we will do so within the requirements of the CCPA.
C. This Policy provides you disclosure regarding the Personal Information we collect from you and the purposes for doing so. Please see “Categories of Information We Collect” above. The CCPA grants you specific rights, including the following:
D. Right to request disclosure as to Personal Information we have collected about you.
1. Upon a verifiable request, made through one of the methods provided within the “Contact Information” section below, we will disclose to you the items listed below, one or more of which may be provided by reference to this Policy:
2. The categories of Personal Information Storm has collected about you.
3. The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
4. The business purpose behind collecting the Personal Information.
5. The categories of third parties with whom Storm has shared the information.
6. The specific pieces of Personal Information Storm has collected about you.
E. Right to opt out of the sale of your information. To exercise this right, please contact us at [email protected]
F. Right to request deletion: upon a verifiable request, made through one of the methods provided within the “CCPA Contact Information” section below, we will delete personal information we have regarding you and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records, to the extent provided by the CCPA.
G. Right to be free from discrimination: Storm will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
CCPA Contact Information:
Storm can be reached by email at [email protected]; or by mail at 3753 Howard Hughes Parkway Suite 200-734, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89196, Attention: Privacy Compliance.
What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to Respond
We will respond to all legitimate requests within forty-five days, or as permitted by the CCPA.
12. EFFECTIVE DATE & POLICY CHANGES
13. CONTACT US
To contact us with questions, comments, or concerns, please reach us by email at [email protected].
What We May Need From You
To see the Terms of Service that apply to our Services: https://click-storm.com/articles/30908/