Examinations are finally over and it is now time to enjoy the long awaited vacation!
During this period of time, club NTU C3 will be holding the Inter-Varsity Game Frontier (IVGF) 2015 on 23 May 2015 (Qualifiers) at OASIS (POMO). Winners of the Qualifiers will advance to the finals held on 5, 6, and 7 June 2015.
IVGF is an offline LAN tournament hosted and presented by our club together with the other clubs/societies from NUS, SMU, SIM, and JCU. Each university will be holding their own Qualifiers (IVGF NTU Qualifiers for our university which will be held on 23 May 2015), the game titles and the seeding rules are listed below:
Breakdown of titles (Qualifiers)
• DotA2: 16 teams of 5 players (2 subs max, subs optional), Group Stage, Round Robin -> Double Elimination
• CSGO: 16 teams of 5 players (2 subs max, subs optional), Group Stage, Round Robin -> Double Elimination
Breakdown of titles (Finals)
• USF4: 32 players
• FIFA15: 32 players
• Hearthstone: 64 players
• DotA2: 3 teams will be seeded from each varsity, for a total of 15 teams. The last team will be from SUTD.
• CSGO: 3 teams will be seeded from each varsity, for a total of 15 teams. The last team will be first-come-first-serve open to any varsity team (must consist of at most 1 non-varsity player)
• USF4: First-come-first-serve, open to any varsity player.
• FIFA15: First-come-first-serve, open to any varsity player.
• Hearthstone: 8 players will be seeded from each varsity, for a total of 40 players. The last 24 players will be first-come-first-serve open to any varsity player.
To register, you will NEED to create a click-storm account.
- The registrations for the IVGF NTU Qualifiers are listed below:
http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/502 (DotA 2)
- The following titles won’t have Qualifiers and you can register for the Finals instead:
http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/499 (FIFA 15, platform: XBOX 360)
http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/498 (Ultra Street Fighter IV, platform: XBOX 360)
http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/497 (Counter Strike: Global Offensive)
- http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/471 (Dota 2)
- http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/500 (Hearthstone)
Registration Fee for the IVGF Qualifiers would be SG $7 for each member registration (For DotA 2 and CS:GO: $35 for a team of 5 and $49 for a team with maximum of 2 substitutes). All registration will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
General rules for the IVGF and for each of the game titles are attached in this email in PDF format. The posters for both the IVGF Qualifiers and Finals are attached as well.
Prizes for the winners (1st to 3rd placing) of the IVGF Finals include the following:
• Trophy for Champion of each game
• Medals for Top 3 of each game
• Gaming Peripherals (TBC)
• Sponsor products (TBC)
• *Campus Game Fest BYOC ticket (Sponsored by SCOGA)
• Vouchers from OASIS (Sponsored by OASIS)
*for more info about CGF BYOC Lan Party, please refer to this link:http://campusgamefest.org/cgf-highlights/game/just-play-2/.